Suggested Reflex Tasks
- Highly systematic search of campgrounds required by
- Send patrols to areas the subject has been previously located
- Investigative task of canvassing neighborhood.
- Patrol along roads. This should
extend to the theoretical search area, especially in urban environments.
- Establish containment points
- Early use of trackers at point last seen (IPP)
- Early use of tracking dogs at IPP, along roadways, or clues
- Deploy air-scent dog teams into drainages and streams, starting nearest
- Early deployment of hasty ground teams into drainages and streams nearest
- Cut for sign along roadways.
- Dog teams and ground sweep teams (in separate sectors) expanding from IPP.
Ensure teams search heavy briars/bushes.
- Air scent dog teams and ground sweep teams tasked 100 yards
(initially) parallel to roadways.
- Search nearby previous home sites and the region between home sites and
- Repeat search of residence/nursing home grounds at least twice a day
- Post flyers in appropriate locations
- After initial task search should expand outward from IPP