- “They go until they get stuck.”
- Appear to lack ability to turnaround.
- Subject oriented to the past, degree of the disease sends them back in
- Subject usually found in a creek, or drainage and/or caught in
- Leaves own residence or nursing home, possibly with last sighting on a
- Coexisting medical problems that limit mobility are common.
- Has previous history of wandering (72%)
- May cross or depart from roads (67%).
- Usually (89%) found within one mile of IPP, half found within 0.5 miles.
- Subject usually found a short distance from road (50% within 33 yards)
- Subject may attempt to travel to former residence or favorite place.
- Subject will not leave many verifiable clues.
- Will not cry-out for help (1%) or respond to shouts (only 1% response
- Succumbs to the environment (hypothermia, drowning, dehydration).